Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bartending school = hardest way to find a job?

Hi, I graduated from a prestigious bartending school in Toronto in august, and I've been looking for a job ever since in a city outside the GTA. I've probably had around 6-8 interviews at various restaurants/bars with no luck getting hired. I've even suggested that i'd start as a server and work my way up to bartender but no one seems interested in this either.

Do I need to lie and say I have experience? Very frustrating for me, I don't have direct connections to bar managers that would get me inside.



Thanks! :)Bartending school = hardest way to find a job?
Maybe try applying for server positions and let them know you have bartending knowledge. Everyone has to start low in the food service industry and make their way up. Without experience, they don't hire unless you are applying for server/busboy jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment