Monday, February 20, 2012

Is Bartending School Difficult? and Is Bartending a good career choice?

Bartending school is not so hard and can be quite interesting. TAFE offer good bartending courses. Good if you want to work overseas.Is Bartending School Difficult? and Is Bartending a good career choice?
I don't know how difficult school is: I think that bartending is easy to do, but tricky to do *really well*.



There's always a need for bartenders. You'll always find employment. But you're unlikely to make a lot of money at it.Is Bartending School Difficult? and Is Bartending a good career choice?
Personally, I find bartending school a joke, unless you're REALLY unsure of glassware. However, I've worked a dozen bars in the past 15 years, and they all have thier own idea of what glass to use for a specific drink, except martini's and wine (even then, there are variables)...

Bartending is great career, but the best "school" is simply getting behind the bar learning by trial and error (and get paid for it, rather than paying someone else to teach you). Good luck!
Bartending school is difficult if you don't study but if yo study and know your stuff it will be easy. Some restaurants don't require you to have a bartending license you just have to work there as a waiter/ waitress for a while.Is Bartending School Difficult? and Is Bartending a good career choice?
I went to bartending school and I found it very useful. Although everyplace has their own ideas for glassware etc., the main thing I liked about the school was they had lifetime job placement. It is difficult to find a good bartending job without being a waiter/waitress for years and having to wait until a spot opens. I found that once you get into a good bartending job, the money can be great. I was making more in 15 hours a week bartending than I was working a full time 40+ hr a week job.
It's odd. All the people I know that went to bartending school aren't bartending and the that are bartenders never went to bartending school. I never went but this website: http://www.totallyfreebartending.com - showed me a couple things I never knew. Honestly, I think bartending school is a waste of money. Most restaurant hire from within. So start bussing then work your way up.Is Bartending School Difficult? and Is Bartending a good career choice?
I have been a Bartender for over 10 years. I never had to go to Bartending school. My jobs just kept a manual behind the bar to refer to if I was unsure about a cocktail. As far as a good career, it depends on whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life working nights and weekends. I do not know how old you are or what is happening personally in your life but, bartending is hard on relationships. But if you are looking for a right now job to get you through college: go for it. You can make a lot of money bartending if you find the right place.
Bartending sucks.



Most of the time you work till 2am and get home at 4am. Sleep all day and never see the sun. Nice life - plus you get hit on by drunks all day.



There are a lot of perks to the job, good money, easy, meet cool people.



But - everyone loves to date a bartender, nobody wants to marry one.

No comments:

Post a Comment