Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bartending school....should I?

So I'm thinking about becoming a part time bartender, mostly just to have fun. I'm going to visit the Oklahoma School of Bartending this week. They offer a week course, twenty hours total, costing $550 right now.



As I said, my reasons are basically to have fun, but some extra money will be nice. I'm also considering just getting a waiter job instead, especially if I would make basically the same money either way. I have a lot more time on my hands these days and looking for ways to fill it. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm 28 and male.Bartending school....should I?
If you plan on using it to get a job or can afford it (if a hobby thing), then go for it. If you don't want to spend the $550 of the class, find a really good bartender somewhere (usually owner/operator) and pay them a lesser amount. The other option is to start at a small bar or golf course and have someone train you. Usually the drinks are pretty simple there and not a lot of pressure to get drinks out really fast. Bartending school....should I?
Hi!

Too bad you're not in ohio because there is the awesomest bartending school ever it's called shake em up bartending school they are really good teachers! $550!

http://www.google.com type in shake em up bartending school in ohio! Bartending school....should I?
I suggest doing a little research about it online. It is great to get into, but can be very time consuming at the same time. Also, money is really dependent on location. I suggest by starting to look at this article:



http://www.liquorlive.com/content.php?pa鈥?/a>

Bartending school....should I?
Not in my opinion. Start as a bar-back and learn that way. Plus it's easier to get in at the big spots like that.
  • deathly hallows part 2 trailer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment