Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is fine art bartending school in Calgary a good one?

The thing I still live with my parents and no I'm not a minor (I'm 24).....but my parents are abusive and I'm thinking about moving out....I'll be going back 2 school in Sept for my teacher after degree...i'm thinking of getting a job so I can make some extra money next 2 the student loan money that I'll be getting.....2 help with the rent and living expenses....I'm thinking of attending fine art bartending school....so I'm wondering is it a good school....will it be easier 2 get a bar tender job with the certification I'll get from there (I have no experience bartending)....thank u all in advance!!Is fine art bartending school in Calgary a good one?
People some times tell you the only way to get into the indurstry is to work your way up...but nobody ever tells you how to get that valuable "Foot in the Door". I can personally tell you that unless you have a friend that can get you into a job your best bet is to take a bartending class. You will know how to bartend and you will have a leg up on all the other dummies that think they can get a bartending job without any experience. I had friends tell me the same thing but I chose to go to Fine Art Bartending in Calgary and I got a job a week after I graduated and I swear it is the best decision I ever made...Thanks Ben at Fine Art. Cheers!!!Is fine art bartending school in Calgary a good one?
Out of the bartenders I have talked to, because I was looking into bartending school, have all said the same thing. The best way to learn is through experience, and they will take an experienced bartender over a bartender school graduate any day. I'm sure this school will be hands-on and they will teach you what you need to know but its all about learning the portions and memorizing the drinks. I would personally think it would be a waste of money and I would rather be hand in hand being taught by someone from the job. But for you a limited time, "need a skill now" I would say go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment