Sunday, February 26, 2012

What is a good way to get a job Bartending?

I currently have no experience in bartending, but am turning 18 soon, and would like to get a part time job as a bartender. I bought a couple of books on bartending. What advice would you give to someone in my position. Also, is bartending school worth the money? Thanks!What is a good way to get a job Bartending?
Bartending is a great way to earn money if you are cut out for it. Bartending schools, in my opinion, are a waste of time for most. Experience is king in this field and those schools do not count as experience. If you had experience waiting on tables and were being considered for a bartending job (without bar experience) you would have a better chance of getting hired than someone with a bartending school certificate and no server experience.



Contrary to what many think, mixing drinks is the easiest and last thing to concern yourself with. That comes fast and easy. Bartending is more about handling stress, multi-tasking, being quick with simple math in your head, a good small talker and just in general being efficient, friendly and trustworthy in a fast paced environment.



With that said, I would highly encourage you to get a waitering job or possibly a bar back position. Or you could try your luck at a local pub where it's generally slow. They sometimes will hire a likeable person with no experience if you show genuine interest to learn. From there the sky's the limit.



Bottom line is you've got to be able to handle serving people in a fast paced environment and all the "schooling" in the world won't help you. Owners want experience over education, hands down, everytime! Here's site with a lot of good reading for someone wanting to bartend or wait tables. Good Luck to you! http://earnbiggertips.blogspot.com/2009/鈥?/a>What is a good way to get a job Bartending?
You might have to start at the bottom of the totem pole if you want to become a bartender. Apply to be a dishwasher and mention to the employer that you want to move up to a bartenders position. I would suggest taking a mixology coarse, or even practice making mixed cocktails for your friends and family. You could even study 'how to mix cocktails' books, this will give you an understanding of what goes into certain drinks. Also go and get your smart serve certificate, you will for sure need this if you want to serve alcohol
most likely if you want to bartend anywhere take the course its wellllll worth it believe me a friends of mine got it and made that money back in a few nights some nights you make a whole lot on tips if you get a good weekend night and you can go anywhere to apply if you take the course totally worth it.What is a good way to get a job Bartending?
If you have no experience than I suggest that you take a bartending course that's what I did. Bartending school cost so much money. I checked into a bartending school here in Ft Myers Fl they wanted 600.00 for a 2 week class. Anyway, I was like you I wanted to bartend . A friend of mine recommend a bartending course bartendingexposed.com .I ordered the course or 37.00. I studied the course/book. And when I felt confident I applied for jobs. I am now working at a neighborhood bar in Cape Coral Fl. Anyway everyone said on yahoo answers that bartending school is a rip off. All I can say is that if it wasn't for the course/book I ordered I wouldn't be bartending. I would recommend this bartending course/book to anyone and I do! You do need some kind of course and this one is a good one.Good luck hope this info was helpful.
I have been a bartender now for a year. I could of gone to a school but I ordered a course on line.It only cost me 37.00. I heard school is a waste of money. I am glad I didn't spend 500.00 for a school I know some people do But personally I ordered the course on line and I learned everything that I need to know. I like my job and I make great money. I just tuned 18 a year ago. I think you need a course then you dont feel lost when you start a job. Plus you learn your drinks. good luck . I ordered my course from bartendingexposed.comWhat is a good way to get a job Bartending?
Go to a bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment