Monday, February 20, 2012

Is bartending school in NYC worth it?

I'm interested in attending New York Bartending School, Inc. in Manhattan and wanted to get some NYC bartenders opinion or others with experience with bartending schools opinion.



I have absolutely no experience in bartending, but I do have customer service skills from my former jobs in retail and working at the student help desk at my college. I want to sign up to get a bartending certificate and learn how to make different drinks, etc. The school owns a couple of bars that will allow students to work for free to gain experience in a real bar setting and use for resume purposes (like an internship). I heard that bars look down up bartending school graduates. Why is this? Since I don't have any experience in a bar do you think bartending school is a great place for me to learn?



I am fully aware that bartending school only teaches you the basics and different bars have their own way of doing things. This is the same with ANY job, so by no means do I expect to be an expert after taking a course. I just wanted to know would it help me get a job faster. Thanks for your input!Is bartending school in NYC worth it?
This can help find you a job



may help



www.bartendersinternational.com

No comments:

Post a Comment