Thursday, February 23, 2012

Does an aspiring bartender absolutely have to go to a bartending school to have a chance at getting a job?

I kind of like the idea of becoming a bartender, and there are a couple cheap classes you have to take in my state to legally be able to do it. On top of that, there are a lot of ads and suggestions to take classes at an actual bartending school. The schooling isn't necessary for a license or anything.



I've read from a lot of sources that bartending school graduates are annoying and over-confident relative to non-graduates who are new to bartending. I've read that the schooling merely teaches you how to quickly pour a drink and starts you off knowing quite a few mixes.



On the flip side, I'd worry that no bar/restaurant/lounge would hire me if I didn't have a certificate from one of these schools. Especially in this competitive job market, would bartending school give me an edge over other applicants, or, conversely, would not attending a school make me a definite reject?Does an aspiring bartender absolutely have to go to a bartending school to have a chance at getting a job?
No, bartending school is really a scam. I went and it was ok there were a few places where they would hire directly from the school I attended but really if you just get a book and memorize some common drinks your fineDoes an aspiring bartender absolutely have to go to a bartending school to have a chance at getting a job?
too long to read

but no, sometimes a bar will hire and train you, and once you have that experience you can get other bar jobs



uhh whatever i answered the question I didn't need your life story, thanksDoes an aspiring bartender absolutely have to go to a bartending school to have a chance at getting a job?
bar school is a waste of time and money. i personally never known anyone that has gone to school for that. (bartenders i mean)Does an aspiring bartender absolutely have to go to a bartending school to have a chance at getting a job?
To truly know what you are doing and learn recipes for the best selling drinks and how to mix them then yes, bartending school is an excellent idea. Additionally they will teach you the proper technique to pouring with both hands at once, the proper amounts of alcohol for any drink and focus on speedy service which is a must for any bartender. They will also have a placement service which will help you find a job. I found after attending a school that most bartenders don't really know what they're doing or have knowledge of half the drinks I learned. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment