Sunday, February 26, 2012

Should I go to bar-tending school or just learn on the spot?

I've been working as a waitress in a bar for a couple months now, I really like it but I would prefer being a barmaid because bartenders make up to 3 times as much as I do. Basically I'm wondering if I should learn as much as I can from the barman and then try to find another job as a barmaid, or go to bartending school. Anybody had the same dilemma?Should I go to bar-tending school or just learn on the spot?
Every place I have worked looks for expierience as opposed to schooling. All of the bartenders I know have never went to bartending school. Talk to your employer about whether or not you would beable to train as a bartender.

Stay with the company you are at, that is your best chance of becoming a bartender, because anywhere you go you will have to work your way up.Should I go to bar-tending school or just learn on the spot?
In my personal experience, learning on the spot is the way to go. I'm sure bartending school would be beneficial, but, depending on where you'd like to work will show how beneficial it will be. You will learn tons of different drinks if you go to school... some of which you may never need to know, depending on the place. Everywhere is different...Should I go to bar-tending school or just learn on the spot?
Im old school, so experience is everything, but these days employers more than likely hire people with some kind of schooling. My job will pay you more if you have a degree.



I would go to school so you won't have to turn to some one and ask "what's in that drink?"Should I go to bar-tending school or just learn on the spot?
pff. HA.

doesnt harvord give classes on that?????



teeheeehee dont tellanyone but im tricking you right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment