Sunday, February 26, 2012

How Do I pick up speed bartending?

Okay so I've been bartending for the past month 2 nights a week for 4 hours each but my manager says I'm still a little on the slow side. Any suggestions how I can p/u some speed bartending or will it just come with time. BTW this is my 1st bartending job right out of bartending school.How Do I pick up speed bartending?
Dont worry, you boss knows that this is your first bartending job out of bartending school right? If so, he is telling you (or letting you know) that you just need to improve your skills. You'll get better over time. That's how every job is. Practice makes perfect. Memorize the mix combos. Use abbreviations for your mixes! I know they taught you that in Bartend school right? If not, email me so I could help you with the abbreviations for your mixes. merky08@yahoo.comHow Do I pick up speed bartending?
Do you want this job? If so then you are in for some work. Bartending isn't easy.



You don't say why you are slow, are you letting yourself get to distracted? If so then you may want to minimize the conversations. Of course people want to talk to the bar keep, but if your friends are showing up, let them know that you are working. And sometimes you just have to tell the customer that you'll be back.



If you are having trouble with the mixed drinks, then you need to do some homework. Pick up a copy of the Bartender's Bible or other good book and memorize the cocktail recipes.



Of course you may just have trouble getting the hang of keeping it all together and that just comes with time.



There are a lot of bartending schools out there and people with experience, so if you didn't have potential your boss would replace you.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment