Thursday, February 23, 2012

Should i go to a bartending school?

There is a bartending academy that offers bartending kit, a place to practice, a certificate and they will help u find a job after graduating there. I was wondering if I should do it... I am a college student, it is summer so Im thinking of going to a bartending school to earn some cash because I heard the tips are great being a bartender. It will cost 500 for 2 weeks and unlimited amount of time to practice in that place. But summer is gonna be over soon and I know once I go back to school I will be too busy for work... so should I hold it off or just get it over with and get the certificate and whenever I need a job i can just apply for one? please help!Should i go to a bartending school?
The good thing about the bartending school is the certificate. It will help you get your foot into some doors. If you are not familiar with alot of the mixed drink recipes it can also help you there too! It is expensive but you should be able to recapture that expense after working 2 -3 nights if you turn out to be a good bartender. I have friends that put themselves through college working two nights per week. Bad thing.....you get used to the money! When you make $200 - $400 per night, it's hard to accept that office position.Should i go to a bartending school?
I have worked in a bar for a couple years now and most bars do not hire outside bartenders, you have to start as a server or shot girl first. Then once you have some seniority with the business they will move you up and you will have some knowledge from working there already and they should provide the rest of your training. Don't waste the money on the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment