Monday, January 30, 2012

Bartending school?

looking for any bartending classes that someone has benefited from or at least know of someone whos benefited in the atlanta areaBartending school?
DON'T GO! I blew $400 on this scam. They just want your money and don't have any real connections. I went to one and stayed in touch with 2 other people that went and neither of them got any jobs through them and the same goes for me. Hell, you don't even use real liquor or get to taste any of the drinks to know what is good. They just use colored water. :(



If you really want to get a job bartending, get to know some people at the bar you want to work at. If you're good at making connections you should be able to get a job. If not, then bartending really isn't the career you want anyway because you have to like people and want to talk to them. Bartending managers want customers to keep coming back so they can make money. The actual bartending skill isn't nearly as important as looks and charm.



That's the best advice I can give you. But absolutely do not go to bartending school because you will get laughed at by real bar managers. I ended up just getting to know a bar manager when my band played some gigs and now I work there part time. I didn't even tell them I went to bartending school and I never will because I have learned it's an embarrassment. I feel so stupid and ripped off for going to one.



I hope this helps. Bye.Bartending school?
My mom went to the Atlanta Bartending School a while back in Marietta and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment