Monday, January 30, 2012

Obtaining a bartender license and Bartending school?

what bartending school in NYC is a good and affordable? And if you can please let me know how did you bartenders get your license?Obtaining a bartender license and Bartending school?
Not necessary, get a job and you can learn. Bartending school is a rip off!Obtaining a bartender license and Bartending school?
1-800-BARTEND

They'll find a school in your area. A lot of people (mostly bartenders who learned on their own) berate bartending school just as a matter of pride and an 'I'm better than you because I learned from experience' sort of attitude.



I've been bartending for over 10 years, went to bartending school in '97, and since then worked at some of the best bars in the country.

It's taken me from Bourbon Street, New Orleans, working and living in the french quarter for 8 years, wonderful experiences like managing night clubs for celebrities, meeting and befriending a long list of them, winning contests like 'Best Southern Comfort drink in New Orleans', to upscale restaurants, and good local bars.



A good way to look at it is, when you go to the school for 2 weeks, you get a crash course on exactly how to pour, what every spirit tastes like, information on all the liquors you'll be handling, what to do, what not to do, and primed with all the bar recipes you'll need to know to get out there and do it with confidence. Important tips like 'ladies first', how to NOT handle a glass by the rim, some cool flair tricks, how to clean your bar properly at the end of the night, there's a ton of stuff that the self starter won't know for years if they just learn from experience.



A better idea is to be prepared, by learning everything you can, and THEN gaining experience. You'll be miles ahead of the rest, and make more money. As for licensing, it's different in every state. There's usually a 2 hour class to take on alcohol serving and control, and I haven't seen them cost more than $30 in any state. Good for 1-2 years. Google it for New York and you'll find it.



Another plus is that no matter where you move, this school has job placement, forever.
I went to school and really enjoyed it. I only worked for a bartender for 2 years, but the experience was awesome. And what I learned at bartending school helped me hit the ground running instead of having to learn the basics of what people want!



I live in NC, so I can't help you for NY schools, but good luck!Obtaining a bartender license and Bartending school?
I heard bartending school is a rip off, and the only way to learn is to buy lots of booze and books, and have friends come over and just make lots of cool drinks over and over. Thats the same concept. That was what I was told. Because why pay so much for school when its simple to learn. But about that I am not entirely sure. My aunt never went to school for it and was a bartender for years.
It depends what states require it, I worked on a military post where they did the paper work for the licence for me to work on base, as far as my knowledge of the work , I started out just working at pubs, waitressing and learned the drinks, Then started applying for bartending jobs.Obtaining a bartender license and Bartending school?
Bar tending school is not required at most restaurants and bars

No comments:

Post a Comment