Monday, January 30, 2012

Is bartending school a good idea to help me pay my way through school?

I just moved to Dalls /Fort Worth and I need a job to get me through my last two years of school. Do think its worth it? How much are the schools? Does anyone know? I'm cute so I think I'll make good money in tips and the certificate only requires 40 hrs of training.Is bartending school a good idea to help me pay my way through school?
I would say no, not really anyways.



I'm a bartender, so I can tell you that all you really need is:

1. To be good looking and have an outgoing personality.

2. Get a job serving/cocktailing at a sports bar, or any other bar or restaurant that has bartenders.



If you have personality, looks, and are persistent you can move up to bartender in no time, and not have to pay the $700.00, or whatever the going rate is these days.Is bartending school a good idea to help me pay my way through school?
Well i'd recommend you just get a job as a waitress at a good restaurant.



You would make about as much as you would as a bartender.



With a couple of important benefit's.



1. free or discounted food, that will save you money.



2. as a bartender, you probally will not get off work until 2 or 3 in the morning.



Coming in at 2 am, is not very helpful for your studies.



Compare that to a waitress, who would get home around 10 or 11 pm.



The work hours is the biggest factor,



You may or may not be able to align your class schedule, so you would not have any morning class's.



But they usually don't offer upper level class's multiple times a day, like they do lower level class's.



So it might be hard, not to have a 8 am class.



Imagine, getting off work at 2 am, then having a test at 8 am.



I worked my way thru college, it's hard enough, without making your job conflict with school.
You know you can just work at a bar and learn as you go. When I took it the class was about $1000 plus $50 for licensing.Is bartending school a good idea to help me pay my way through school?
Yes; You can work out a loan for whatever it costs (though you might hold back 'school' for a while; you're a career woman!); and no
It's good if you don't drinkIs bartending school a good idea to help me pay my way through school?
i would do it but be careful alot of freak out there u know hate to lose anther cutie! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment