Friday, January 27, 2012

How much is bartending school?

How much does bartending school usually cost? I know it depends on how many classes you take but what are the price differences? Also, is being a bartender enough to live off of?How much is bartending school?
I haven't been a bartender for a long time but I can tell you that bartending school, for the most part, is a waste of time and money. Back when I went to bartending school, I got out and applied for a job, most places weren't interested in where (or IF) I went to school. The best thing to do is get 'hands on' experience working in a bar/restaurant. Go somewhere that is willing to teach you. After you get some experience, you can move up to bigger and better positions. You can make a lot of money in some bars/ restaurants. You have to find the money makers. And...Personality is the key. If you can be pleasant, humorous, and attentive, the better your chances of making good money. I met my husband while bartinding.....I am very happy!How much is bartending school?
most schools i have seen are around $500-800 at least in the US



most bar tenders state over and over, its a waste of money... you get the same job to start out with (bar back) and hands-on experience... which will take you much farther and save a load of cash



wages vary by location... you get a job on the strip in vegas, you can make hundreds of thousands a year... a dive bar in a small hick town you will likely make next to nothing.
  • dmv nc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment