Monday, January 30, 2012

Bartending school?

I'm kind of interested in going to bartending school now that I'm 18 and almost out of high school, just for something different and fun to do during the summers. However, I have no idea where there are bartending classes in my area, how long they take or what kind of money is involved. Has anybody gone to bartending classes? Also do they help you with job placement, etc?Bartending school?
Don't go to bartending school. It's just a waste of money. They do try to help you find a job, but as a former bartender/bar manager of many years I can tell you that nobody wants to hire someone from bartending school. Get a job waitressing and learn how to deal with people. While you're doing that you can learn about mixing drinks. On-the-job training!Bartending school?
hmm.. all i know is that bartending classes last only a few sessions. my teacher went, and he said it was only two..



i don't think they help you with job placement=\Bartending school?
Most places want to train you themselves. If you have some experience in mixing drinks, even just on your own, or know basically what goes into drinks...bartending school can be expensive and most bars don't really care if that's on your resume. They'd rather train you the way THEY want you to make drinks.Bartending school?
Type Bartending schools into your favorite search engine and you'll find all kinds of sites. The local Jr. college in your area might have a class.
I don't know many Bartending schools, but I know you can always learn in a bar. I know, because I'm a professional bar-drinker!!



But anyways, why don't you just try getting a job at a bar. Just find out first if you don't need to be 21, or older.



WARNING: I hope you like booze

No comments:

Post a Comment