Friday, January 27, 2012

I want to become a bartender but can't afford bartending school?

I don't have the money to go to bartending school, but would like to bartend. Where are places that train their bartenders? Or is there anything I can do that can help?

To anyone who responds, "in general" answers won't help. Can someone guide me in the right direction?I want to become a bartender but can't afford bartending school?
It is difficult to impossible to get a job bartending without experience or through some connection like a bartending school with some sort of placement. My suggestion would be to look for a job as a bar back (basically a bartender's assistant- you replace empty liquor bottles, refill ice, get glasses, etc), put in your dues for awhile, get the bartenders to teach you/let you make some drinks while you are barbacking and then ask your manager to let you take one of the less desirable (quieter) bartending shifts. Eventually, when there's an opportunity, you can move into the bartending rotation or you can apply to other places (with "bartender" on your resume) now that you have gained some experience.



You can also try waiting tables first, but it's a harder transition from waiting tables to bartending.I want to become a bartender but can't afford bartending school?
I was like you I could not afford to go to a bartending school. I am going to FSU and I pay for school rent etc. I wanted to bartend. I had checked the prices of the schools they wanted 600.00 for a 2 week course. Way to much for me.. My friend recommend a bartending book/course that she took. I could start studying right away. Bartendingexposed.com. I ordered the bartending/course for 37.00. I studied then applied at a few collage bars in town. I got a great job! I was so happy.. I have been there for a year now. I make about 150.00 a night plus a check every 2 weeks. 300.00. I really am happy I ordered bartendingexposed.com. I learned everything that I needed to know to bartend and I would recommend it also.I don't know of any bars that train you to bartend. Hope this info was helpful.I want to become a bartender but can't afford bartending school?
I could not afford to go to a bartending school either.No one trains you to be a bartender, you need to know what you are doing behind a bar. I do now. I just studied . I ordered a bartending course called Bartendingexposed.com I know a lot of people who just can't afford 500.00 for a bartending school. I only paid 37.00 for bartendingexposed its worth a lot more, I feel lucky. I didn't have to pay 500.00! I am working now at a Tiki Bar. Both guys and girls work there. We all put our tips in one pot and split at the end of the night, We pull in 200.00 per person. 3 bartenders. Bartending is a great job for me. Real glad I ordered bartendingexposed. Hope this will help you. I found bartending exposed.com on line.Good luckI want to become a bartender but can't afford bartending school?
My suggestion is to apply for financial aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment