Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm 20 and I want to be a bar tender. Should I go to a bartending school or just try to get a job?

I work at Starbucks so I can handle a fast paced job, but Ihave no experience as a bartender. Also, I live in GA what is the policy on being under 21 and serving alcohol? If you don't think I should go to bartending school how should i go about getting the job?I'm 20 and I want to be a bar tender. Should I go to a bartending school or just try to get a job?
i actually went from being a barista to a bartender too. what i would suggest, this is what i did, is get a serving job that has a bar in the restaraunt. Train on that bar for a while. it won't be has high impact as most bars, so you will have more chances to learn all the drinks before you're thrown out into the "wild". then, after 6 months or a year, apply for bartending jobs at a "Real" bar. you will have plenty of experience by then.



being a barista is A GREAT WAY TO LEARN HOW TO BARTEND!



i am also located in georgia! you have to be 18 to serve alcohol while serving, but i think you must be 21 to bartend.I'm 20 and I want to be a bar tender. Should I go to a bartending school or just try to get a job?
I'd take the serve-safe course first, something that most states require anyway to show a potential employer you're serious about wanting a job. Then apply as a bar back where you'll be stocking, cleaning and washing dishes. You'll pick up a lot on the job. There are shorter course that are a lot less expensive if you still feel you want to be a bartender that'll add some polish and professionalism to your resume. You can further expand your knowledge by attending wine tastings or courses. Bartenders and wine stewards make some great money and it is a "fun" industry. Very high energy. Good Luck!
Bartending is really about efficency and personality. I've been bartending in Vegas for 7 years and I can tell you the best route to go is to Barback first. You might be able to stock the liquors and be around the environment at 20 and just being in the bar will teach you ALOT. You will learn almost everything you need to know just doing that. I can also tell you that I LOVE bartending, great money, girls, fun.



Good Luck!I'm 20 and I want to be a bar tender. Should I go to a bartending school or just try to get a job?
Got to be 21, get the book on bartending at the library is all you need.
On the job training is the best way to learn!!

Don't waste your money...go make it instead!I'm 20 and I want to be a bar tender. Should I go to a bartending school or just try to get a job?
It is illegal for you to be a bartender since it is illegal for you to enter a bar until you are 21

No comments:

Post a Comment